Podcast Episode 16: SAM Tool Selection Best Practice (RFI, RFP, Proof of Concept)
09 November 2015
2 minute read
Selecting winners: SAM Tool selection, RFI, RFP, Proof of Concept best practices.
In this podcast I discuss ITAM tool selection best practice with a number of leading tool providers.
This is a preview in the run up to our ITAM Tools Day on the 20th November.
ITAM Tool Selection Best Practice:
- Engage with suppliers prior to RFI – an opportunity to learn more about the philosophy and direction of tool manufacturers before diving into feature-by-feature analysis. Allow the suppliers to offer solutions and partnerships that might suit your unique environment and/or situation.
- Focus on business outcomes and organizational goals.
- Proof of Concept – Test the business case; will the outcomes described in the RFI be realized? Identify other solutions that implementing the technology might generate. Identify the real requirements of building a SAM platform by identifying people, process and technology constraints during the Proof of Concept.
- Get stakeholders to review the outcomes of the POC and get their buy-in.
- Test how the suppliers support you during the POC process
- Proof of concept goals: What are the things that will demonstrate that this project will be a success to your business – test these during the POC
View all our podcasts on SoundCloud or iTunes.
This is a preview in the run up to our ITAM Tools Day on the 20th November. Come and see EIGHT leading ITAM tools in one day and network with peers.