Gartner MarketScope for the IT Asset Management Repository
24 June 2010
2 minute read
Gartner have released a new Market Scope for ITAM repositories.
It is available to read here courtesy of CA.
Alongside the usual rating of vendors is a very good snapshot of the ITAM marketplace.
They provide an insightful summary of the current trends and market drivers and a useful clarification on ITAM’s relationship with Service Management, CMDB and Business Service Management.
More details about all of these vendors can be found in The ITAM Review Vendor Directory.
- “IT Asset Management Tools are continuing to show strong market growth, and adoption is on the upswing”
- “ITIL, CMDB and vendor product bundling has led to confusion about the role of ITAM repositories in the marketplace”
- Organisations ITAM toolset purchasing decisions are being influenced by vendor’s broader service desk and lifecycle management options
- ITAM is becoming a priority in small organisations
Gartner MarketScope for the IT Asset Management Repository (April 2010)
- Strong Positive – CA, HP
- Positive – BMC Software (Remedy), IBM
- Promising – Axios Systems, LANDesk, Provance Technologies, PS’Soft, Symantec Altiris, USU
- Caution – Eracent
Additional tools mentioned: Flexera Software, Insight Solutions and OpenIT.