Podcast Episode 25: Data quality, toasters and the internet of things
18 October 2016
1 minute read
Is Internet of Things to ITAM what Outside IT is for ITSM?
In this podcast I’m joined by Mike Jones at Airtrack and Dave Bowser at Raynet.
We discuss the role of data quality in ITAM and the potential increase in scope for the ITAM market as more and more devices come online.
- The role of data verification in modern ITAM – the business case and financial impact of bad data
- Where does CMDB finish and ITAM start?
- Perfect visibility of networks
- AirTrack Data quality fundamentals (What are my priorities, what do I need to measure, what sources of data do I need, how do I assess the accuracy of that data)
- Data quality – breadth versus depth
- Pandora’s box and the trough of ITAM disillusionment
- Smart toasters, electronic testing of smart devices / managing asset risk and cost outside the IT department
- Is Internet of Things to ITAM what Outside IT is for ITSM?
View all our podcasts on SoundCloud or iTunes.