ITAM News & Analysis
Podcast Episode 34: How NASA Saved $103m
02 May 2017
1 minute read
How NASA saved $100m on Software Licenses
In this Podcast I am joined by Darryl Smith. Darryl works in the office of the CIO as Agency Software Manager for NASA – America’s National Aeronautics and Space Administration.
I recently saw an article in FedTech magazine showing how Darryl saved just over $100M for the agency so I was eager to get him to join me on a Podcast.
- What do NASA shared services do?
- What is Darryl’s current role?
- How did he get into that role & how did he get into IT?
- The journey of saving $100m and what initiated it?
- The 4 C’s vendor management methodology (Coordination, Communication, Cooperation and Collaboration)
- Lessons learnt and building the business case for investment in SAM
View all our podcasts on SoundCloud or iTunes.