ITAM News & Analysis
Podcast Episode 51: 'The 6 most important ITAM Processes'
17 May 2018
2 minute read
In this Podcast, I catch up with Rory Canavan of SAM Charter about his win in the Excellence Awards 2017, what’s new in the world of SAM Charter and discuss the 6 most important ITAM processes according to Rory.
- Winning ‘Professional of the Year’ in the ITAM Review Excellence Awards 2017
- About SAM Charter
- What are SAM tools missing?
- The 6 most important ITAM processes – Governance, Recycling, Supported software catalogue, Request, Purchase and Deployment
- Who should own the evaluation process of software in the business?
- The SAM Charter Process Kit
- What’s next for Rory?
Rory will be hosting a workshop session on Day 1 of our UK Conference:
ISO 19770-1: 2017 – Rebooted for your pleasure
Rory Canavan will take you through the paradigm shift in approach to SAM that has resulted in this substantial re-write of the ITAM Process Standard. Specific points raised will include:
- The Departure from Service Management
- The inclusion of a formal Management System Structure
- Where have all the processes gone?!
Come and meet Rory and attend his expert session on 5th & 6th June at Mercedes Benz World in Surrey.
View all our podcasts on SoundCloud or iTunes.