What tool manufacturers don't tell you about implementation
21 October 2019
2 minute read
The importance of focus when standing up a new ITAM practice and avoiding scope creep
This podcast features Kristy Hawkins and Andrea Anderson of Xcite Consulting.
This is an interesting and wide ranging conversation covering standing up an ITAM practice, tool success and working with stakeholders.
Importantly, Andrea suggests that building a lasting ITAM practice involves coming out of your comfort zone to reach out and connect with new individuals across your business. Kristy and Andrea share how to go about doing this based on real life experience.
Kristy and Andrea also cover what tool manufacturers don’t tell you about implementation, building a tool implementation team and negotiating with tool manufacturers to increase your chances of success. Thanks to Kristy and Andrea for sharing their experience.
Kristy Hawkins (Left) and Andrea Anderson (Right) from Xcite Consulting
- The importance of focus when standing up a new ITAM practice and avoiding scope creep
- Building a team to support tool implementation
- How to build connections with new stakeholders you’ve never worked with before
- Coming out of your comfort zone to build a lasting ITAM practice
- What tool manufacturers don’t tell you about implementation
- Negotiating with tool manufacturers before purchase to increase chances of success
- The biggest thing people wish they’d known before implementation of ITAM tools
- Effective communications and organisational change
Podcast back catalogue: https://itassetmanagement.net/category/podcasts/
You can either listen to the podcast directly on your device using your preferred podcast player or directly via the web via soundcloud. Search ITAM Review Podcast on your podcast player or use the links below. If you need any help listening in please contact us.
View all our podcasts on SoundCloud or iTunes.