Video: How to Run Oracle on VMware
01 March 2012
1 minute read
Cowardly Lion; Solve Fear, Solve the Problem
In this informative session Jason Keogh from iQuate and Will Monin from VMware explore how to optimize Oracle licensing within VMware environments.
- How Oracle is licensed?
- Processors, Cores and Core Factors
- Hard vs. Soft Partitioning
- Virtualization Growth and Trends
- Why virtualizing Oracle is slower than other Vendors
- VMware’s Perspective – Solve fear, Solve the Problem
- Maximizing Value – Using Working Examples
- Where VMware customers are going
Questions Covered During the Call
- Q. Do cold DR servers need to be licensed?
- Q. How do you restrict Oracle running in a Virtual environment to a certain blade or cluster?
- Q. Should we set up a separate dedicated Oracle VMware cluster?
- Q. Can iQuate tell when a certain DB option was installed (e.g. if core factors changed over time)
- Q. Is a dedicated Oracle VM cluster accepted by Oracle?